Today many unlocking solutions for iPhone 4 are presented. Some of them are free and some of them are paid. As talking about free unlock for iPhone 4 then I can tell you that I didn’t find anything that can work. In spite of a lot of propositions in the net there is still nothing to pick. So here I want to talk with you about paid unlock for iPhone 4 called Gevey Sim. Before unlock read this:
First that you must know if you choose Gevey sim is that you have to update your firmware to iOS 6.1.3. But don’t do this using iTunes because it will update your baseband and kill the unlock forever.
Second, you need to have latest version of redsn0w 0.9.15b3 and generate custom bundle for preventing baseband update. Then activate your iPhone after installing iOS 6.1.3 and before unlocking process.
Note:Gevey sim unlocks iPhone baseband lower than 04.10.01.
Third you will need to have an original Sim card (AT&T for example). But if you don’t have it, than jailbreak iPhone using the same redsn0w (0.9.15b3). Right after jailbreak open iTunes and activate iPhone.
After all these done you can insert Gevey sim for unlocking iPhone 4. Gevey sim is not software based unlock. It uses a sim interposer which sits between the baseband hardware and the SIM card itself to perform what is known as a man in the middle attack, rendering iPhone 4 basebands: 01.59.00, 02.10.04, 03.10.01, 04.10.01.
Follow these steps to unlock iPhone 4 with Gevey Sim
- Go to Settings » General » Network and switch off the 3G connection. Leave the Data Roaming and Cellular Data on.
- Place your Gevey sim card into the sim tray provided with the card.
- Now put your sim card on top of the Gevey sim.
- Now turn off your iPhone 4.
- Insert the Gevey sim with your card into the phone.
- Turn the iPhone back on and wait.
- You’ll see a Welcome message. Just tap Accept to proceed.
- Wait for a few seconds until the 1-signal bar appears. Then dial 112.
- Wait for about 2 seconds and hang up.
- Go to your settings and turn the Airpalne mode on. Wait until the No SIM card installed message appears. Tap OK on that message and switch the Airpalne mode back off.
- After you disable the Airpalne mode you’ll see the SIM failure notification. Tap OK and wait until the phone unlocks itself.
- Wait for few seconds for full signal bar to appear.
If you are looking to officially unlock iPhone and for get about jailbreak and other guides - just follow the link.