Apple will implement many new features and improvements with the next major software update and ability to filter Messages in Mail app in iOS 10 is another great option for improve users experience. If you use the default Mail app for all your email communication on your iOS 9.3.5 iPhone, you know that looking at that long list in your inbox can be a bit too much. Thankfully, the new Mail app in iOS 10 has a feature to help you filter that mess, so that it’s manageable to deal with.
How To Filter Messages In Mail App On iOS 10 iPhone
Here are the ways you can filter all your mail.
- Mail from all connected accounts.
- Unread email
- Flagged email
- Addressed To: Me
- Addressed CC: Me
- Only with attachments
- Only from VIP
Step 1.To use Filters, launch the Mail app and head to any of your inboxes (the view that shows a list of all your emails).
Step 2. Then click on the “Filter” icon in the bottom left. When you tap it, it will change to solid blue. And next to it you’ll see the text “Filtered by: Unread“. This is the default filter.
Step 3. To change the filter, tap that area. You’ll now see a list of all the different ways to filter your email.
Step 4.Click on any one of that and the filter will be added.
Step 5. To stop filtering and to see all your email again, tap the “Filter” icon again (it will change from solid blue, back to blue lines icon).
How To Use Filters In Mail App In iOS 10
The best way to use Filters is to cut through the email mess in your inbox and directly go to the email that’s most important to you.
You can do this in different ways.
- Flag emails: Say you’ve come across an email you want to just save somewhere for later use. When reading it, flag it. And then from the Filters list, select “Flagged” to view all the emails you’ve saved this way. To flag an email, tap the “Flag” button in the bottom-left and select “Flag“.
- From VIP: You should set up VIPs in Mail app, the people you don’t want to miss emails from. Using Filters, you can pick to only see emails from VIPs.
- Only Addressed: Me: Using this filter, you can see all the emails that are directly addressed to you and aren’t a part of chains.
- Only with Attachments: If you need to find emails with attachments use this filter.
As you see filter Messages in Mail app in iOS 10 feature is the handy option that helps you to quickly manage your messages and find the particular one.