Multiple iDevices owners use Facebook frequently to keep in touch with their relatives or friends and it is good to know how to use less cellular data in the Facebook app in iOS 10. Facebook is popular social platform across the globe and it’s app for iDevices is one of the world’s biggest cellular data hog.
But there are some ways to reduce your cellular data usage while you're using the Facebook app on your iOS 10.1.1 iPhone thanks to some feature, and here is a short guide on how to do it.
How To Use Less Cellular Data In The Facebook App
Facebook knows that most mobile owner use their app on smartphone or tablet, that's why they’ve built in some settings to help reduce data usage.
One of the ways you can reduce cellular data usage in the Facebook app is to prevent videos in your news feed from auto playing. Follow the easy steps below on how to do it.
1) Launch the Facebook app on your iOS 10 iPhone or iPad.
2) Then click on the Menu tab and then launch the Settings cell.
3) Click on the blue Account Settings option in the pop-up message.
4) Then open the Videos and Photos cell.
5) Click on the Autoplay cell.
6) Lastly select either the Never Autoplay Videos or On Wi-Fi Connections Only option.
Once you followed above steps you will keep Facebook from loading videos in your news feed automatically. What is more limiting this feature to Wi-Fi only will also save your data.
If you're still experiencing issue with data usage, another option you can do to use less cellular data in the Facebook app in iOS 10 is to limit the quality of the images and videos you upload to share with your friends or relatives.